Beijing Shopping Guide - Where Travelers & Expats Shop
Beijing can be an overwhelming place for a newcomer. The language can make it difficult to navigate and to find the things you are looking for.
But sticking to the main tourist and expat areas for shopping means missing out on so many great shopping experiences.
Where to shop in Beijing
This Shopping Guide tells you where to find everything in Beijing, from souvenirs to everyday items, Chinese specialties to imported goodies.
• Need a gift or souvenir for someone back home?
• In the mood for buying sneakers or a hand bag?
• Looking for brussels sprouts or lemon grass?
• Craving a bagel or a rye bread?
• Can’t find your allergy pills or need an urgent medication refill?The book also gives a handy reference to over 20 different markets, 13 shopping streets and many of Beijing’s countless shopping malls and special stores.
This is an insider shopping guide, not a collection of store promotions
Who better to write a Beijing shopping guide for foreigners than an expat? A guide based on daily live experiences, not a brief visit from a guide book writer or through the lens of a local tour operator.
This insider shopping guide is solely based on my own perspective and input from expat friends, not on sponsorships from stores or tour companies.
About the Author
Gina moved to Beijing in 2011 and is the founder of the Beijing Expat Guide. which is designed to help newcomers to Beijing and soon-to-be Beijing expats make the transition from West to East. She also wrote Newcomer to Beijing - How to get started as a new Beijing expat and is the co-author of the Expat Guide Managing in China - The Truth about Cultural Differences in the Chinese Workplace, which is about the people element in a Chinese workplace, from the perspective of a Westerner.
- Size1.26 MB
- Length150 pages